We are committed to providing our patients with the best care. To do this, it is essential that your health record is kept up to date and accurate.
Please find a download link for a new patient information form in Microsoft Word Document format.
Ingle Farm Medical Centre is dedicated to providing the best service possible to our patients. As part of this care we are required to gather certain information from our patient to assist our doctors with your on going healthcare needs.
What information is collected?
- Basic information is collected by the administration staff such as Name, Date of Birth, Address, Telephone Number, Medicare/DVA and concession card numbers, Emergency contacts and general health information.
Why information is collected?
- Administration staff will use the information so that we can enter your details into our computer system.
- Your information must be entered into the computer system so that our doctors can then provide you with sufficient health care.
How the Practice Maintains the Security of Information held at the Practice.
- All information you provide to us is password protected and only the appropriate staff will have permission to enter you file (these consist of General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Allied Health and Practice Management) and can only be opened upon your request or if clinical information is required for emergency purposes.
- Once your information has been entered into our system all paper records that you provide us with will be scanned into you file and the original copy will be destroyed using a certified document destruction company.
- No personal information will be released to a third party without written patient consent.
- Medical records can be sent directly to another medical clinic if request by the patient, however a patient signature is required. (Anyone over the age of 15yrs must sign for themselves unless legally unable to do so).
- Ingle Farm Medical Centre will keep your medical history on file for at least 7 years unless the patient is under the age of 18 in which case records will be kept for 25years.
Patients of Ingle Farm Medical Centre can access their own health records upon discussion with their GP.
Ingle Farm Medical Centre collects your personal information so that we can provide you with appropriate medical treatment.
Ingle Farm Medical Centre may provided other health clinics (Hospitals, Specialists Centres) with your personal health information if they are referring you for further treatment.
By law Ingle Farm Medical Centre is required to provide your health information to certain Government registers eg- Notifiable Disease, however every attempt is made to notify the patient before information is passed on.
If a patient deliberately/knowingly holds back important health information the General Practitioners of Ingle Farm Medical Centre may not be able to treat health conditions to the best of their knowledge.